How Deep Tissue Massage Can Help Relieve Pain
What is Deep Tissue Massage? What are the profound tissue massage benefits? Deep tissue massage is used to treat chronic pain and injuries. This type of therapy focuses on the deepest
layers of muscle tissue, tendons, ligaments, and fascia to address both acute and chronic pain.
What is Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage that focuses on the deeper layers of muscle and
connective tissue. It is sometimes called “structural” or “sport”massage. This type of massage releases chronic muscle tension in the skeletal system, including the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles. And the benefits are truly many. This massage can help you feel good and live a healthier lifestyle.
Some people get deep tissue massage to help relieve sore muscles after an injury or repetitive strain injury. Others use it to treat chronic pain conditions such as arthritis or back pain. Getting this type of massage can also help improve the range of motion in your joints so you can move more freely.
When getting this session, you may use it with other treatments for chronic pain, such as acupuncture or joint mobilization (adjustments).
The Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
When you receive a deep tissue massage, the therapist will focus on areas where there are
knots (called adhesions) or tightness in the muscles. This type of massage uses slow strokes
and firm pressure to break up these adhesions and increase blood flow to injured areas.
These are just a few of the conditions that deep tissue massage benefits, so if you’re suffering
from chronic pain or tight muscles, deep tissue massage may be for you.
Contraindications of Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage can be a powerful with many deep tissue massage benefits. However, there are some contraindications of deep tissue massage as well, which you should be aware of before
scheduling your next appointment. A Contraindication is anything (including a symptom or medical condition) that is a reason for a person to not receive a particular treatment or procedure because it may be harmful.
Some of the contraindications include:
● Chronic Fatigue : Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that lasts for at least six months and that can’t be fully explained by an underlying medical condition. The fatigue worsens with physical or mental activity, but doesn’t improve with rest.
● Chronic Headaches : A patient who has headaches as many days as not — at least 15 days per month — is said to have chronic daily headache (CDH). Not a specific type of headache, CDH is rather a descriptive term applied to any number of headache types. Headaches that can occur on a daily or near daily basis include: Cluster.
● Bruising : A bruise is a mark on your skin caused by blood trapped under the surface. It happens when an injury crushes small blood vessels but does not break the skin. Those vessels break open and leak blood under the skin. Bruises are often painful and swollen. You can get skin, muscle and bone bruises.
● Inflammation : a localized physical condition in which part of the body becomes reddened, swollen, hot, and often painful, especially as a reaction to injury or infection.
● Nausea : Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but rather are symptoms of many different conditions, such as infection (“stomach flu”), food poisoning, motion sickness, overeating, blocked intestine, illness, concussion or brain injury, appendicitis and migraines
Before getting a deep tissue massage, ask your therapist about their qualifications and experience. A licensed professional should be able to provide you with information on their training and education. They should also be able to answer any questions related to the risks associated with the procedure.
How to Find a Therapist
If you are looking for a highly trained and professional deep tissue massage therapist, you have come to the right place. Here at Salvation Wellness, we have an experienced staff of therapists
who are ready to help you with whatever issue is troubling you.
We have certified massage therapists and licensed counselors prepared to assist you with your needs. Our team will work with you to create the best plan for your lifestyle and goals. We will work with you to find an effective solution for both parties involved.
We offer deep tissue massage and other services that can help alleviate pain, reduce stress levels and improve overall health.